- 1 1/2 cups water, warm to touch
- 2 ¼ teaspoons Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fine salt
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 egg, whisked for egg wash
- Coarse salt, to finish
- Grated parmesan cheese, to finish
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment add the water. Sprinkle in the yeast & let stand for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the honey, salt, garlic, rosemary & butter. Turn the mixer on low speed & gradually add the flour one cup at a time until the dough comes together.
- Turn the mixer to medium speed & knead until dough is smooth, about 5 minutes. Cover & let rise until the dough has doubled in size, about 2 hours.
- Divide the dough into 12 evenly sized pieces. Roll each piece into a thin rectangle & fill with a heaping tablespoon of grated mozzarella. Fold & pinch the ends together to seal.
- Roll dough into a 12-inch rope & shape into a pretzel.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Fill a large pot with water & bring to a boil over high heat. Add the baking soda. Boil each pretzel for 30 seconds (one at a time) & transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the pretzel tops generously with egg wash. Sprinkle with coarse salt & grated parmesan. Bake at 425(f) degrees until golden & cooked throughout, about 20 minutes. Serve warm or cold!