- 1 graham pie crust
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup (175mL) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (175mL) Beehive® OR Crown® Golden Syrup
- 1/4 cup (60mL) margarine OR butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon (1mL) vanilla
- 1 cup (250mL) pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 325 °F (160 °C).
- Place crust pan on baking sheet; brush inside with egg yolk. Bake 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir together in large bowl, eggs, sugar, corn syrup, margarine and vanilla until well combined.
- Place pecan halves in bottom of prepared crust. Pour egg mixture over top. Return to oven; bake 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted near centre comes out clean. (Do not over bake.)
- Cool on wire rack 1 hour. Invert plastic liner over pie; store in refrigerator.