- 2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup dill pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cups bread flour
- 12 slices dill pickle
- Combine whole wheat flour, undissolved yeast, flax seed, sugar, dill weed and salt in a large mixer bowl. Combine water, pickle juice and oil and heat until very warm (120° to 130°F). Add to yeast mixture. Beat for 2 minutes until smooth. Add 1 cup bread flour; beat 1 minute. Gradually add remaining bread flour until a soft dough forms. Knead on a lightly floured surface for 6 to 8 minutes. Cover and let dough rest for 10 minutes.
- While dough is resting, gently press the liquid out of pickle slices and set aside.
- Divide dough into 12 round pieces and flatten to a 3-1/2 inch diameter. Press a pickle slice deep in surface of each bun. Place on greased baking sheets and let rise 1 hour or until buns have doubled in size.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.