- 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Pizza Yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)*
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 to 4 fresh jalapeno peppers, thinly sliced OR 1/2 to 1 cup well drained pickled jalapeno slices
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Heat water and butter until very warm (120° to 130°F) and add to flour mixture. Beat until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead** on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes.
- Pat dough with floured hands to fill greased pizza pan OR roll dough on a floured counter to 12-inch circle; place in greased pizza pan. Dough can also be pated or rolled to fit a greased 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan (great for serving a crowd.) Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.
- Beat cream cheese, sour cream and garlic powder in a small bowl until creamy. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with cheese and top with jalapenos. Bake on lowest oven rack for 14 to 18 minutes (15 to 20 minutes for jelly roll pan), until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned.