- 1 cup whole milk, warm to touch
- 2 1/4 teaspoons Fleischmann’s Quick Rise yeast
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment add the milk & yeast. Let stand for 5 minutes to activate.
- Add the flour, salt, sugar & butter. Knead until a smooth dough comes together, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Cover & let rise until dough doubles in size, about 1 hour. Divide dough into 6 equal portions.
- Using 6 of your favourite colours, add the food colouring to each ball of dough & knead until fully incorporated. It takes a little bit of elbow grease, but it will eventually incorporate!
- Roll each colour of dough out to a thin rectangle & layer on top of each other. Roll again to ensure the colours stick together, to roughly an 8 by 10-inch rectangle.
- Tightly roll up the dough & transfer to a greased loaf pan. Cover & let rise again until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375(f) degrees until cooked throughout, about 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool completely before slicing.