Sausage and Mushroom Lattice Pizza
1 Hour 30 Minutes
- 1 pound (450 g) mild OR hot Italian sausages, casings removed
- 8 ounces (250 g) sliced mushrooms
- 1-1/4 cups prepared pizza sauce
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 5 cups all-purpose flour (and additional flour as needed)
- 2 (4-1/2 tsp.) envelopes Fleischmann's® Pizza Yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups very warm water, about 130°F (55°C)
- 1/4 cup corn oil OR canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Beehive® OR Crown® Golden Syrup
- 3 eggs, divided
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon fine cornmeal
- Crumble sausage into a large, nonstick skillet set over medium heat; add mushrooms. Cook for 10 minutes or until browned. Stir in sauce, onions, olives and parsley; remove from heat. Cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Pulse flour, yeast and salt in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Whisk water with oil, corn syrup and 2 eggs. With the motor running, slowly pour in water mixture. Process for 1 to 2 minutes or until dough forms a ball. On a lightly floured surface, knead dough 15 to 20 times or until smooth and elastic; divide in half.
- Roll one portion to fit an 11 x 17-inch rimmed baking sheet lined with Reynolds® Parchment Paper. Spread sauce mixture over dough; sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll remaining dough into an 8 x 16-inch rectangle. Beat remaining egg with 1 tbsp water; brush over dough and sprinkle evenly with cornmeal.
- Starting at one corner, cut dough diagonally into 1-inch-thick strips.
- Arrange half the strips, stretching and trimming as needed, diagonally across the filling, leaving a 1-inch gap between strips. Repeat with remaining strips on the opposite angle to create a lattice effect. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden on the bottom and the filling is bubbly. Let cool or 5 minutes before slicing.