- 3-1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Pizza Yeast OR Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 2 tablespoons rosemary
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/3 cups very warm water (120° to 130°F) *
- 1/3 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- Additional flour for rolling
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (such as chardonnay)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 pound (500 g) precooked small frozen shrimp, thawed, 40 to 60 count per pound
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley, optional
- Combine 2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, rosemary, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead** on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. (If not using Pizza Yeast, allow dough to rest 10 minutes.)
- Divide dough into 8 equal portions. Pat or roll dough on a well-floured counter to about 8-inch circles; they do not need to be perfect.
- Start charcoal fire or preheat gas grill to medium-high heat.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add the oil and minced garlic. Cook over medium-high heat for about 1 minute. Add the wine, lemon juice, and salt. Let the sauce continue to cook for 3 to 5 minutes to reduce down a bit. Remove from heat.
- Lift each crust carefully, using hands, and place on grill. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes until bottom is lightly browned and top appears set. Using long handled tongs, remove crust from grill, grilled side up, to a platter or baking sheet.
- Brush the sauce on the grilled side of each pizza crust. Sprinkle each with about 2 tablespoons of mozzarella cheese. Top with 5 to 7 shrimp, then an additional 2 tablespoons each of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Carefully slide each pizza onto the grill. Cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes until bottom of crust is browned and cheese is melted. Remove from grill. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
*If you don't have a thermometer, water should feel very warm to the touch.
**To knead the dough, add just enough flour to the dough and your hands to keep the dough from sticking. Flatten dough and fold it toward you. Using the heels of your hands, push the dough away with a rolling motion. Rotate dough a quarter turn and repeat the "fold, push and turn" steps. Keep kneading dough until it is smooth and elastic. Use a little more flour if dough becomes too sticky, always working the flour into the ball of dough.
Make Ahead: Dough (but NOT individual crusts) may be made up to 24 hours in advance and stored covered in the refrigerator. Punch down and roll out just before grilling. OR, pizzas may be partially grilled ahead of serving. Heres how: Grill one side of the pizza crust. Cool. Tightly wrap and refrigerate until serving time. Top pizzas with desired toppings (on grilled side) and finish grilling on preheated grill.
Dough sticking to grill? Make sure grill has been preheated and cleaned. To prevent sticking, drizzle oil over paper towel and carefully wipe over grates. Or lightly brush pizza crusts on both sides with oil before grilling.