- 2 cans (21 ounces each) apple pie filling
- As needed,
- 1 box (15.25 ounces) yellow OR butter cake mix pluse 1/3 cup flour
- 1 box (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Spray interior of a 5 to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Pour apple pie filling into bottom of slow cooker.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, water and oil in a large mixing bowl. Beat for about 3 minutes on medium speed with an electric mixer, scraping sides as needed, until well blended. Spoon cake batter over apples in slow cooker.
- Combine all streusel mixture ingredients in a small bowl using a fork or pastry blender. Sprinkle over cake batter. Cover slow cooker with a double layer of paper towels and place lid of slow cooker over towels. Cook on LOW setting for 4 to 6 hours. Streusel will sink during cooking. Cake is done when center is slightly firm and crumbs form.
- Serve warm with whipped cream, whipped topping or ice cream, if desired.