- 3-1/4 to 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Pizza Yeast OR Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)*
- 3 tablespoons Mazola® Canola, Corn OR Vegetable Oil
- Favorite fillings
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine 2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead** on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. Cover and let rest on floured surface while preparing fillings.
- To make strombolis, divide dough into four portions. Roll 1 portion into a 10 x 8-inch rectangle on a floured surface. Spread desired fillings lengthwise down center of dough, leaving outer 1-inch free of filling. Fold short sides in 1 to 2 inches; fold remaining sides over. Pinch tightly to close. Carefully transfer to greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes until lightly browned. Transfer to cooling rack to keep bottom crust crisp. Serve with pizza sauce or other sauce for dipping.