- 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Pizza Yeast OR Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)*
- 3 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 cup coarsely crushed pretzels
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups (about 4 ounces) thawed whipped topping
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead** on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. Cover dough and let rest 10 minutes.
- Pat dough with floured hands to fill greased pizza pan or baking sheet. OR roll dough on a floured counter to 12-inch circle; place in greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough. Lightly press the pretzels into the top of the dough.
- Bake on lowest oven rack 12 to 15 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Cool crust for at least 30 minutes on a wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar at medium speed of electric mixer for 2 to 3 minutes until light and fluffy. Fold in whipped topping; spread over pizza crust. Top with strawberries. Chill pizza until ready to serve.
*If you don't have a thermometer, water should feel very warm to the touch.
**To knead the dough, add just enough flour to the dough and your hands to keep the dough from sticking. Flatten dough and fold it toward you.Using the heels of your hands, push the dough away with a rolling motion. Rotate dough a quarter turn and repeat the "fold, push and turn" steps. Keep kneading dough until it is smooth and elastic. Use a little more flour if dough becomes too sticky, always working the flour into the ball of dough.