Crème glacée Earl Grey
Donne 1 pinte
Évaluation de la recette
- 2 tasses de lait entier à 3 %
- 1 ½ tasse de crème à fouetter à 35 %
- ½ tasse de sucre
- 1/3 tasse de Crown® Lily White sirop de maïs
- ½ c. à soupe d’extrait de vanille pur
- 4 sachets de thé Earl Grey, ouverts, utiliser les feuilles seulement
- Pincée de sel (facultatif)
- Equipment required, a 1-quart ice cream maker, follow manufacturer’s directions to ensure your freezer bowl is completely frozen before using. Approximately 6 hours but may take longer.
- Using a double boiler method, combine all ingredients in a large metal mixing bowl over a simmering pot of water. Stir mixture occasionally until it starts to steam, about 12-15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let cool for 10 minutes while tea continues to steep.
- Strain mixture into a large bowl through a sieve to remove the tea leaves, pressing out excess liquid from the tea. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight until well chilled.
- Pour mixture into frozen ice cream freezer bowl. Process according to manufacturer directions for 25 to 30 minutes or until the consistency of thick soft-serve ice cream. Can be served immediately or stored in a container in the freezer. The ice cream will become more solid in the freezer.
- Place a storage container in the freezer before mixing begins to help prevent any melting while transferring from the machine. For firmer ice cream freeze in container for at least 4 hours.
Recipe Note: The amounts in this recipe will fill a 1-quart size ice cream machine bowl. Bowl sizes vary by manufacturer so amounts may need to be adjusted accordingly.