Roasted Vegetable Topping
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Mazola® RightBlend® Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon + 1/2 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 4 to 6 ounces provolone cheese, sliced or shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ground golden flax seed
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Pizza Yeast OR Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Mazola® RightBlend® Oil
- 2/3 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)*
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine eggplant, peppers and onion in a large bowl. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons oil; add garlic and salt. Mix well. Pour onto prepared baking sheet. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes until vegetables are tender and starting to brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Vegetables can be prepared ahead and refrigerated until ready to bake pizza.
- Reduce oven temperature to 425°F.
- Combine 1 cup flour, ground flax, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead** on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. (If using Quick-Rise® Yeast, cover with a towel let dough rest at this point for 10 minutes.)
- Pat dough with floured hands to fill greased pizza pan or baking sheet. OR roll dough on a floured counter to 12-inch circle; place in greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.
- Top pizza half of the roasted vegetables. (Use the remaining vegetables for another pizza or add to pasta or sandwiches.) Top with provolone and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning over cheese.
- Bake on lowest oven rack for 12 to 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned.